Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's been awhile.......




My friends it has been a while since my last post. A lot has changed, take my BR for one; that's now $300 lighter. And honestly, I lost about $100 of it, and $200 had to be withdrawn for other reasons. One being a ticket I was VERY lucky to get, but that's a whole other story all together.....

I also had a little change of perspective, and a little different outlook on poker. Wait, that's the same damn thing, anyway............

I'm still loving poker, A LOT (just ask my wife) but in a little different way. I realized that when I embarked on this journey, my goals were a little off. Hell the whole reason I play poker is because I enjoy it so much. Kinda like golf; I'll never be on the PGA tour, nor will I ever win even a local tournament, but I play because it's fun and I enjoy the game. So to play poker with the sole purpose of making money kinda takes the fun out of it. I mean, I still wanna make money, and hopefully make enough money that it can help with my day to day expenses, but I want that to be a byproduct of just having fun and playing well. Man that sounds confusing doesn't it??

What I'm trying to say is the with poker(again like golf) my number ONE priority is to have fun, and play well. If I make money, great, if not, well this is still my most profitable hobby. I can honestly NEVER remember leaving the golf course with more money than I came with. And I can also guarantee that all the buy ins, books, and decks of cards I've spent money on will NEVER add up to the amount I've spent on green fees, clubs, balls, and........ of course the beer cart girl. :-)

So as far as goals, yes I still have goals. I still get my $20 a month poker allowance, and I'd like to turn that into............... let's say $1,000. Once I hit 1k, I'll have to re evaluate and see what the next step is. I plan on playing pretty aggressively with my money, and if I go bust, well I'll just have wait till next month when I can dump another $20 in there. And let's be honest, what other hobby only costs $20 a month; AND has the potential to yield MILLIONS!!!! OK, maybe that's a little over the top, but it's true....................

1 comment: