Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The What's and How Much's.........




So I thought I'd go ahead and give you guys a little more insight into my day to day, or more so, week to week poker schedule. Not sure why, but I really like getting all this is writing so I can hold MYSELF accountable if need be...............

As earlier stated, my poker bankroll is $100, well $98.58 to be exact. As far as bankroll management, I use the "10 to 20" rule. That is: I like to have between 10 and 20 buy ins for whatever game I decide to play in. In this case, I'm fully bankrolled for the $5 dollar games, and almost at minimum for the $10 games. I also have a 10% daily stop loss, so if I lose more than 10% on my bankroll in a day, I'm done playing for the day. Given my past experience, it only gets worse if I play more after that............. This may seem a bit conservative, but when your a broke ass like me, it could be a LONG time before I come up with another $100 to play poker with, so I must protect my roll. As a poker player, my bankroll is my livelihood.

I generally try to play around 8 or so hours a week. This includes my two major late night sessions on Wednesday and Saturday, and whenever I can squeeze in 30 minutes or so during my lunch break at work.

Anyway, that's all the boring crap that only I really care about. You can expect all my posts to contain updates, hopefully all good, and I'll always keep everyone aware of by current bankroll, not matter how embarrassed I may be to post it sometimes..................

JWC


No comments:

Post a Comment